Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Travel Swag

March 22, 2006

Travel Swag

IMG_0696My Nani-swag arrived! Nani had sent me a 'bon-voyage' package over a week ago and I never received it. I promised her I'd go to the post office to try to figure out what was going on. What was going on was that my post office put my mail hold on a few days early and I had a TON of mail already piled up. Nani is awesome. She really wanted me to have this hanging clothesline. I told her I probabally wouldn't use it, but she insisted! She's such a teacher :) But what I didn't expect were all the other goodies THANK YOU SO MUCH NAN--YOU ROCK!

So far today I have stopped by my job, gone to two banks, to Radio Shack, Rite Aid, and the post office. I still need to stop by a friend's later and run to a different ATM (I'm switching money to my credit union for free international withdrawls!). Then I need to sew buttons on my jacket and pack. I'm not really stressed. It will all come together. The worst part of my day is my aching backside. I took one ugly fall on my stairs last night. I totally bruised my tailbone (hence the trip to Rite-Aid to get heat patches for the trip). Anyway...I'll do my best to do some trip blogging while I'm away. I for sure will be thinking about blogging, because, isn't that what us bloggers do?

4 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger marty said...

Have a great trip, Tam!

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just looking at some of the items tells us that Nani may have had a traumatic experience with a loo of indeterminate origin in the wilds of Europe some time back. The old Paris 'hole in the floor', or the reliable CZ 'out back' perhaps. But I'm betting you're prepared for almost anything. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

 
At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's certainly better to arrive prepared than to expect to find the comforts of home ready and waiting for you. So all good thoughts Nani, and yes, much of Europe is not that far advanced from S. America in these matters. Something to keep in mind. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nesiah tovah ("a good trip") and have an awesome time! Can't wait to hear about your adventures...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home