Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Tired

March 01, 2006

Tired


I feel like a tired new mom today. My cat does NOT stop meowing. She was meowing so much and so loud last night that I was up about twice every hour from 11pm until 7am. She would jump off the bed, walk around aimlessly, sometimes crawl under the bed, then move, walk to the living room, then to the bedroom, then jump on bed, then jump off--you get the idea. All the while, she was meowing an old granny crotchety type meow. At 3am, I had so had it with her. I was so tired. I needed to sleep. I did something horrible (well not so horrible), I called in for a substitute. I'm so exhausted that I couldn't fathom dealing with 140 kids, 3 days before we go on a two month break. Their energy levels and anxiety is up (kind of like my cat last night). There was nothing I could do to comfort or get the cat to shut up! I would get out of bed, pick her up, pet her, which worked while I was awake, but then she would start again! At one point she even tried to fanagle the closet door open. She NEVER does this!

I'm not sure if she's in pain, going crazy from old age, or what. I thought (when I called for the sub) that maybe she is in a lot of pain, her heart is racing, she seems a bit coo-coo, so I also thought there is a chance I'd be putting her to "rest" today. But then, she is purring. Like, laying around this morning, happy and purring. Damn, I wish I could read animal's minds. I called the vet this morning and spoke with the doctor that helped me Saturday. I told him about her shenannigans. He says it might be a good sign. The fact that she's up and about and purrring means her quality of life may not be so bad. Since she has a hyper thyroid, he's thinking maybe it's that causing her to be hyper and full of anxiety. And so, Reebok will be going, once again, to the vet to get a blood panel done to see what's up with her thyroid.

Today will not be her day. But if she keeps me up all night I just might make her go bye bye myself. (that was a joke, albeit a bad one)

4 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is good.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Good yes, minus the annoying meow, that is non-stop, except for the brief moments she naps. I have to stick it out till Friday when I get her blood test results. The least Reebok could do is have a sweet quiet Mew...instead of MRREEEOOHHHWWWW.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger marty said...

I think you should drink lots of coffee and stay up all night meowing at her.

That's what I would do.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Karl said...

At 3am you called in for a substitute?!? I know you have rolling school year, but a rolling school day too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home