Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Sunday Sum-Up and Pissed off Drivers

March 19, 2006

Sunday Sum-Up and Pissed off Drivers



I had a wonderful brunch with Annabel Lee today. We went to Hugo's, her idea. Hugo's was great. The atmosphere is comfortable, the service excellent, and the food unique, good size portions and quite tasty. I had the herbed omellette with spinach, tomatoes and roasted peppers. Annabell had poached eggs on top of potato pancakes with other stuff on it :) After brunch I was off to run errands.

First, I went to Target to get a little more cat litter for my friend who is caring for them while I'm away.

Next, I got a manicure/pedicure. My cuticles were so horribly dry and yuck! They didn't do a great job, but my nails do look better than when I walked through their door.

I then made a trek across town and over the hill to go to Mervyn's in Glendale. Upon pulling into the parking structure, and finding a space, some (pardon me) bitch and her daughter in an SUV tried to sneak my spot. I sat there waiting for this person to pull out. I had my blinker on. I was waiting. These dipshits noticed the spot after turning the corner, so they put their car in reverse, and sped like idiots to get the spot. I was already in it by the time they got there. They then proceeded, this is mother and daughter, to roll down their windows, curse at me and honk their horn. And so I rolled my window down. They were yelling that I stole their #@$#$#$# spot. I calmly said, "Umm, I was sitting there with my blinker". They yelled more and so I said, "Is it REALLY worth getting this stressed out over it". They sped away pissed off. Frankly I was a bit concerned they would come back and do something to my car. The daughter was about the age I teach, punk rocker girl, with horrid red lipstick. I swear...I couldn't believe the mother. Glad she's teaching her daughter such high morals. Anyway, I sort of hung out in the lot but a row over to see if they were going to mess with my car. They stayed near it a while, drove in circles a while, and eventually found a spot. I was a bit nervous, I'm not a fighter and although I can verbally spar with the best of em' I wasn't in the mood to be jumped by a bitchy woman and her daughter, luckily, nothing transpired.

Next errand was to go to the market to get airplane snacks and some food for the next few days. By this time I was so hungry and weak. I was dying for food. The parking lot at Trader Joe's was also hell and caused me more parking stress!

Finally out of there I got home, put purchased items away, made a snack, and am finally relaxing. I wanted to do some laundry today. That didn't happen. I also forgot to buy a phone card at Costco. GRRR. :)

Hope your day was productive.

4 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't need to make any phone calls in Europe. Remember my tips? Nothing is going to happen while you're gone. And you can keep in touch by E-mail.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger marty said...

I disagree. You should bring your phone. Just make sure it works in Europe.

You might want to use it if not for speaking than for pictures.

And bring a plug adapter cause they don't use the same plugs we do.

Arthur Frommer Marty

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Marty, my phone doesn't work in Europe. And it's not a camera, I have a GOOD camera for that :) But, I might need it in airports, and as an alarm clock :)It comes with me.

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck on the trip Tamara. Perhaps you can get one of those nifty alarm clock watches for a gift this year? It weighs less than the phone. But it would'nt have all your contact numbers and names... and it's smaller than a Trio... Oh never Mind! Enjoy the trip! Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home