Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Purim Fiesta

March 15, 2006

Purim Fiesta

IMG_0660 IMG_0673 IMG_0663 IMG_0665
I'm not sure why, but my shul had our big Purim party last night. I guess many shuls have it Monday night. Our party was fantastic. First, I helped set up the day before and on the day of the party which was fun and a great way to do a mitzvah. Our theme was a Fiesta or Mexican one. We had it all: decorations with Mexican flags, sombreros, cactus decor, a great mariachi/klezmer band(the clarinet player is a Klezmer guy and knows these Mariachi guys) with full Mariachi garb on, Mexican food, margaritas, lots of tequila, full open bar with of course Coronas. The place looked magnificent. Children dressed up as princesses, Cohanim, clowns, even a trash can! The grown ups went more with stereotypical Mexican attire such as sarapes, sombreros, and me with my skirt made of an old blanket (I think).

I only had 2.5 margaritas, I had a chance to catch up with a few friends there, met some great new people, yelled at a group of out of control junior high boys (which is why I don't think I could teach that age!). It was an overall successful and fun evening. I hope yours was the same.

2 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger marty said...

For Purim, I normally dress up as a normal person.

That freaks everyone out.

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun Tamara. And no Marty, I don't believe you freak them out that way. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home