Airplane food, made to order...
What a concept! SkyMeals. This company provides gourmet fresh cooked meals for your plane flight. I love the idea. The menu looks phenom...even if out of my budget. I was thinking that since they have gift certificates, it would be a great gift to give a certificate for a fancy meal so that the newly married couple can have a special thing on their flight to their honeymoon destination. Just thought I'd share.








1 Comments:
I'm not certain of this Tamara, but I think these guys are just selling you back the typical airline meal that's no longer available for, well about triple the price it costs to make them. The vendors at each airport are strictly regulated. There's typcially only one service that's allowed to put meals on planes, they've outsourced this, but it's still the same stuff. The Europeans would not stand for this type of BS, but they're slowly being forced into it due to cost constraints.
On another topic, I saw your immigration site on the side bar and thought you might be interested in this bit of info. also on the Lower East Side Tenement Museum, from The Internet Scout.
2. Folksongs for the Five Points [Macromedia Flash Reader] http://www.tenement.org/folksongs/ Recently, the Lower East Side Tenement Museum invited digital artists to create works that explore contemporary immigrant experiences in New York City. With the kind assistance of the Institute for Museum and Library Services (along with the J.M. Kaplan Fund), this rather remarkable multimedia collection allows visitors to explore this very vibrant and diverse community through sounds, text, and language. Upon entering the site, visitors are presented with a visual representation of the Lower East Side, overlaid with a series of dots. Each dot represents a different audio sample recorded at that particular location, such as the sound of steam coming up through a manhole cover or a seafood salesman at work. Visitors can toggle these sounds on and off as they see fit, and even create their own “mix” of sounds, if they so desire. In terms of both understanding the culture of urban neighborhoods and interrogating notions of immigration and “belonging”, this website is a tremendous success and may serve as a model for others who wish to follow in this direction. [KMG]
To subscribe to or unsubscribe from the Scout Report or in text or HTML format, go to: [http://scout.wisc.edu/About/subscribe.php]
Copyright Internet Scout Project, 1994-2006. The Internet Scout Project
(http://scout.wisc.edu/),
I was actually thinking about this the other day when I stumbled into your student site. The area was a vibrant center for artistic expression for as long as the immigrants held sway there. Vaudeville grew up with Yiddish acts and actors. Many lives were touched by this early theater that included and featured famous immigrant players who would later make it big in radio & film. The Marx Bros. were just one of these. I thought it would add some texture to the project. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'
Post a Comment
<< Home