Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: IAMSTERDAM Card--What a deal!

February 12, 2006

IAMSTERDAM Card--What a deal!


I started the planning of which museums and attractions I'd want to see/do in Amsterdam. Because I will be on a tight budget, I need to be careful in how much each place costs and the reality of how much I can actually see. While perusing the holland.com web site, I found the IAMSTERDAM Card. This is a great deal. A 72 hour card would cost me $53US. Included in the cost are:

Free use of buses, trams and underground.

Free admission to these museums: Van Gogh Museum, De Oude Kerk, Rijksmuseum De Meesterwerken, Bijbels Museum, Stedelijk Museum CS, Museum van Loon, Rembrandthuis Museum, Hortus Botanicus, Nederlands Scheepvaartmuseum, Stichting de Appel, Amsterdams Historisch Museum, De Nieuwe Kerk, Tropenmuseum, Allard Pierson Museum, Museum Amstelkring, Houseboatmuseum, Huis Marseille, Molen van Sloten, Joods Historisch Museum, FOAM Fotomuseum Amsterdam, Museum Willet Holthuysen, Holland Casino, Verzetsmuseum, Amsterdam Diamond Group, Hermitage Amsterdam, Museum Het Schip, Theatermuseum.

A free Canal Boat cruise

Free: A croquette roll at sandwich bar van Dobben, Glas of liqueur at De Drie Fleschjes, Cup of coffee at Restaurant La Place, 5 postcards at Café Ristretto, Magna Plaza.

A full-colour guide.

a 25% discount on about 20 other attractions; including Amsterdam and Herring rolls, scampi rolls, smoked salmon rolls at Jonk's Herring Stand (not sure about the herring people) :).

As if that's not enough, it also includes a 25% discount on various restaurants.

7 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No 'coffee shop' discount?

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great deal! Just make sure to map out your day so you're near the right restaurants at mealtimes, etc.

Missed you Friday night, but I'm sure we'll meet up again soon!

 
At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I think I'm with Dave here. But the Herring rolls are yummy. Not to be missed as a morning 'pick me up'. I imagine you could go thru plenty trying to bring back interesting materials for your students too. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

Plenty of choice to see and visit with that card, good thing the internet was invented!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

You must be getting so excited. I know that I am getting so psyched to go to London. I think that my trip is scheduled around the same time as yours.

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger marty said...

Consumer Marty approves!

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tamara,

I believe there are two free canal boat cruises. Look at pages 51 and 52. I agree this is a good deal. We definitely plan to use it. We've used similar cards in Salzburg and Switzerland and they are well worth it. As you said, you don't have to wonder which things to see because you've already paid for them all.

Ruby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home