Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Disneyland Report

February 03, 2006

Disneyland Report

I was such a kid today, it rocked! I took the first shuttle over to Disneyland with other California English teachers. I didn't know anybody and wasn't really sure how the day would go. I mean, who wants to wander Disney alone? With that thought, I made sure to talk to someone on the bus. A woman sat next to me and I asked if she was alone. She was, and so we became instant pals.

As we exited the bus and walked towards the front gates, I saw another woman walking alone. I asked her if she was alone, and she was. And that's how us three strangers came to be friends today. We had a great time having no plans and just taking the day as it came. There were stories shared about teaching. We all teach at different type schools: urban/inner city school in Hollywood, private Christian school in Temecula, and a school outside of Sacramento. We also talked about traveling, Jewish culture (I think they learned a lot from me), their children, memories of Disneyland when we were young...amongst who knows what else.

Biggest Disappointment: The Haunted Mansion was closed
Highlight: (besides the company and the rides and shows) The parade

We had a wonderful treat at the parade tonight. The float designer for every float in the parade was our host. We had a VIP section at the parade. If you know Disneyland, we were up above the stairs of the Disney Railroad station at the park entrance. The designer is a great guy. I went down to thank him for setting this up for us. He grew up in the same neighborhood as my father. The parade was great and the floats were more special after having talked with the creator.

What rides/attractions did we go on in our mere 6 hours there? We managed 8 rides and an hour at the parade in our short trip.

New Orleans Square: Pirates of the Carribean
Frontierland: Big Thunder Mountain
Adventureland: The Enchanted Tiki Room (Shoot, we forgot Indiana Jones!)
Fantasyland: Alice in Wonderland, Small World, Matterhorn, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Tomorrowland: Honey I Shrunk the Audience (what a cool 3D show!)

2 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

That does sound like fun.

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

I love disneyland, I wish I was a teacher and participated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home