Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Travel Plans

January 01, 2006

Travel Plans

I've been thinking about traveling to Europe for some time, though never saw it as an immediate reality. One can save and save and save, but when you're a new teacher, money is not in abundance; however, I decided to go for it! I found a good airfare deal and staying in hostels keeps the price way down. Hostels aren't ideal, but I'm not going there to sleep right? I'm using frequent flyer miles to go from LA to NY, then from NY to Amsterdam was only $330! After all fees, just over $400 and I had that saved for a trip anyway!

I will be arriving in Amsterdam March 23rd! The planned itineray is Amsterdam for about 4 days,Bruges 2 days, Antwerp 2 days, Brussels 2 and a half days. I plan on taking a couple side trips or trips along the way to The Hague and the outlining neighborhoods in Amsterdam. Besides the usual points of interest, I plan on visiting the Breendonk camp. This is where Anne Frank was first taken before being sent to a concentration camp. Since I'll be there for two Shabbos evenings, I am hoping to find a synagogue and family to share a Shabbos meal with. I'll probabally email the Chabad in both Amsterdam and Antwerp. If any of you know people who enjoy hosting Shabbos guests, I'd love to hear from you.

I'm sure you'll be hearing more, and will get sick of hearing about it until I actually go :)

4 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger marty said...

Sounds like a great trip, Tam. Been to Brussels for a day.

Need to go back.

Enjoy.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Fun Joel said...

Sounds great! Have fun. And DO NOT watch the new horror movie Hostel before you go! Trust me.

I may be able to find you an Amsterdam Shabbat hook-up. Let me see what I can do.

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to all these places, several times, and you'll have fun. Amsterdam is a blast. Bruges is cool. Antwerp is a little boring, but the beer is great. Heck, the beer is great in all the cities you're going to.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Joel: Awesome, I'll be in touch about that then :)

Dave: I need to talk with you more about these places. Maybe you know some ins and outs or good places to stay? Can't contact you on your myspace account cuz' I'm not a member.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home