There's a Fly in My Urinal...Oh My!
Ok, forgive me, but this whole urinal thing in Amsterdam is freaking me out. I find it hilariously intriguing.
In Amsterdam, the tile under Schiphol's urinals would pass inspection in an operating room. But nobody notices. What everybody does notice is that each urinal has a fly in it. Look harder, and the fly turns into the black outline of a fly, etched into the porcelain. It improves the aim. If a man sees a fly, he aims at it. Fly-in-urinal research found that etchings reduce spillage by 80%. It gives a guy something to think about. That's the perfect example of process control. (quoted from some other site)

In addition to flies, Amsterdam is famous for it's MANY sizes and shapes of (literally) outdoor urinals. Not much a woman can do with these, but for you guys, I guess it's great.








6 Comments:
I'm sorry..outdoor urinals would freak me out. I'm not exactly... er... um anxious to display... you know... for public viewing.
I have enough probs w/indoor urinals.
Ok, that's a little strange. Do they just have outdoor toilets for women?
I love the sign with the man peeing.
Never been in one, but sure is interesting all of this!
Are those blues one on the bottom really functional urinals?! Guys in the states have a hard enough time being adjacent to an occupied urinal and usually wait for one farther to open up, let alone outside.
Do they have facilities for handwashing?
Jack? Do men wash their hands after taking a whizz? Wow...there's hope afterall :)
Post a Comment
<< Home