Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Procrastination, Grades, and Girls Night

January 29, 2006

Procrastination, Grades, and Girls Night

Procrastination
It's 10:00a.m. I just woke up. Literally, I woke up and some force uncontrollable directed my half awake body to the computer. Today is essay grading marathon day. Because I put off grading essays, today is a "stay in pajamas, stay on the couch, and just grade" 60 essays day. Of course, it would make sense to eat breakfast and begin, but I'd rather play on the computer first. :)



Girls Night Out
Last night was my first night doing "Girls Night Out" with Annabel Lee, Hilary and Eve. I had a great time! All three of them are fun, kind, and smart! I can't remember the last time I hung out with 3 other women, young, well educated, and simply genuine people. Whoever spreads the rumor that all people in L.A. are fake...you are so very wrong. Girls: Thanks for having me, you Rock!

Dinner
Our night started at "Pomodoro" restaurant. This is a wonderful small Italian restaurant with a warm ambience, good food, and a very friendly owner; who offered to comp us dessert but we opted to leave since we were running late for the next "event" of the evening (more about that in a minute). I had the Pasta Arabiatta. Whenever I go to Italian places, I seem to always get this dish. I really enjoyed my dinner, it had the right amount of spiciness and roasted pepper taste. I think we all enjoyed our meals and the bottle of red wine we ordered (I'm sure Annabel will expound on that). My favorite part of the meal? When Eve took the carnation and used it as cleavage blocker right as the owner was coming to welcome us :). If only the rest of the customers knew where that flower had been! ;)




Karaoke

Next was Karaoke with Paul and at least 60 of his closest friends ;) We drove over to Boardwalk 11 for Karaoke and drinks. I had a drink and a shot, no buzz, so I stopped. I have to say they mixed the weakest drinks ever! The place was lively. Karaoke is a bizarre phenomena. You have the people who are professional Karaoke types; the people who practice constantly at home, get their moves down, then come out to sing and show off their stuff. Then you have the bad American Idol types. These are the people who THINK they can sing, they get really really into it, not understanding that they can't hit a note (I'm thinking the girl who sang Mr. Roboto for those who saw her). Next are those who you'd never guess would have the courage to go up. They look quite shy, scared, rabbit in the headlights on stage, and mostly they can't sing, but hey...they got up there. I hoot loudly for these folks. Then there's the best type of Karaokier (is that a word?), the person who is there simply to drink and have fun. These people go up, not expecting to hit a note, not insecure, they're goal is to work the crowd and have fun. Eve and Annabel Lee did this well when they rocked out the audience! By the way girls, the audience was totally into it!

Yesterday was a great day! After half a day of grading, laundry, and doing "stuff" around the house, the evening was much appreciated.

6 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I expected to hit every note! Seriously - glad you could join us, the evening was much fun. We'll have to do it again sometime.

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a blast, I'm glad we all got to hang out!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Gatsby said...

Sounds like fun! What did you sing?

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Tamara? Sing? HAHAHAHAHAHAH....................................................HAhahahahahaha

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read the evening's events on three blogs. It's as if I was there.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Fun Joel said...

I'll be there next time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home