Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Imagine That! I'm Reading a Book!

January 24, 2006

Imagine That! I'm Reading a Book!


Right now I am reading Girl with the Pearl Earing. I don't read as much as I should, or would like to. Between reading student work, reading blogs, writing my own blogs, doing my BTSA work for LAUSD, and well, simply living; reading seems to take a back seat. This is something I want to change, so I started a book.

I am really really enjoying this novel and am anxious to finish it so I can watch the movie. I was motivated to read it for two reasons. First, I have my students read silently for about 15 minutes each day. I have 5 classes so that allows me some time to read (of course, that's after I shush them 50 times, take roll, etc.). The second reason I chose this particular book is because I'll be going to the region where the original painting by Vermeer hangs. I thought it would be cool to read the novel before I go to see the painting and other Vermeer work.

1 Comments:

At 4:49 AM, Blogger marty said...

I think it's a good idea to know the history before you go someplace.

I usually go ignorant but then I return the same way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home