Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Barrells of Fun...

January 22, 2006

Barrells of Fun...

Today I joined the Beth Am Young Adults department (YABA) for a day of adventure on a big yellow school bus and wine tasting. We headed out to the Baron-Herzog Winery in Oxnard, CA. We took a great and informative tour (Don't ask me if I remember anything)and then had a very special wine tasting. We tasted about 6 wines (maybe Annabel Lee or Hilary or Joel can help me remember which we tried). Let's just say I had a minor buzz by the time we left.

For photos of the day click here

After wine tasting, a few of us went to The Magic Carpet for a Yemenite kosher dinner. Then I stopped at a bakery, Delice for some cookies. All in all it was a great day. I got to know a couple people better and met some really kind new ones.

4 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

I love the Magic Carpet. Great food.

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you could make it! Much fun. We tasted a Chenin Blanc first, then later we had the Late Harvest Chenin Blanc, which was a very sweet wine.

We also had a Special Reserve Chardonnay; an "M-series" Syrah; a Lodi Zinfandel which was my favorite; and a Cabernet Sauvignon which may also have been an "M-series."

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger marty said...

Did they have Extra Heavy Malaga Wine?

I think one sip of the Manischewitz brand is enough to send me into diabetic shock.

Glad you had a fun day.

Just one question Tam, it seems every place you went today has a website. Did you go anyplace that did not have a website?

Inquiring Marty

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Fun Joel said...

Yes, I believe the Cabernet WAS also an M Series.

Good seeing you too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home