Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: My Week in a Capsule

December 04, 2005

My Week in a Capsule

Monday: Nothing eventful

Tuesday: Went to talk with my rabbi about the issue I was having with some videos I viewed on line. (see previous post) I posted what happened, my feelings, my shock at the emotion that it caused. To my suprise, hardly a comment. I found that odd, not sure why, but odd.

Wed: By Wednesday my students had worn me out and I was fed up with their total and utter laziness, complacency, rudeness, incessant talking....and so....

Thurs: I called in "sick", "Sick" of my students. Don't get me wrong, I love teaching. I just really really really needed a mental day. While home sick, I got a nice suprise. My new DELL XPS M140 arrived all shiny and new and ready to be loved. The bulk of the day I played with the new system, transferring files and checking stuff out. At the end of the day I ran my "Jewish" errands: LaBrea Bagel Co., kosher market for Shabbos wine, toveling of some new tableware mom sent me, and to "The Fish Grill" for a grilled snapper sandwich. YUM

Fri: After work I went to a friend's for Shabbos. Lovely meal, the wine was perfect, and my friend is an amazing cook. Lots of Moroccan dishes, salads, fish...YUM

Sat: Mangled my back while getting dressed. Walked to the rabbi's for Shabbos lunch. Came home and moaned about my achey back.

Today: Mostly will do grading today.

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Hope your back is better. I think all teachers should get at least a few "sick of students" days during the year...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home