Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Chanukah Gifts

December 26, 2005

Chanukah Gifts

I thought I'd share with you my mom's idea of a fun Chanukah gift...Yup...you are reading the box correctly: Barbie Teacher. It's really funny. Not sure what I'll do with it. She comes with a chalk board, chalk, eraser, and some teaching materials. Notice her fashionable vest with teacher "things" on it.






She also sent me this beautiful tablecloth with 8 matching cloth napkins. I love this set. I can't wait to finally host a Shabbat at my house, only one problem, most people I know who do Shabbat don't live close by and they don't drive on Shabbos.




A couple weeks ago I bought myself this kiddush set, sort of a Chanukah gift to self. I'm really really ready to make some L'Chaims!

11 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger marty said...

In the Beginning G-d created Heaven, Earth & Ebay (for all those gifts that just don't cut it).

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Genendy said...

Use them all in good health!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Hirshel Tzig - הירשל ציג said...

does your mother know you posted this?!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Umm, she will probabally read this. So yeah, she will know. Why? I love the gifts, she knows that too :)

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

Cute gifts, It's probably the first modestly dressed Barbie ever, finally frum girls will be allowed to play with Barbies too!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

Marty: I'm not selling, no matter how much you offer me :)

Genendy: Thanks :) Not sure how I'll use Barbie healthfully :)

Pragmatician: You're the second person who has said this to me. She is dressed pretty modest, but her knees still show ;)

Nani: I'm not trading! But we can get together with our dollies and play school. :) hahahaha

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother and I have always had a running joke about the fact that she never bought me Barbie dolls when I was little (she hated them, and I was more interested in Legos and building blocks anyway).

So, naturally, when I graduated from college she bought me "Graduation Day" Barbie - complete with my name and degree on the little certificate on the back of the box.

I thought it was the best gift :)

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

Amandarin: That was a great personalized gift! It showed lots of thought! Where do you keep her now?

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Karl said...

Shot glasses - they look great.
Table cloth & napkins are classy.
I hope you have many happy occasions to use them both.
Barbie - ?
Now ladies, what do you actually do with them now? Collect them? play with them? or use it to prop up the books on the shelf?

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Karl: Thank you for the compliments. I hope I have reason to use them SOON! Gosh I would love to have someone special to cook for and make L'Chaims with :)

As far as what I do with Barbies...it's not like I own any others. I think I'll keep her in the box, and ummm, on a shelf collecting dust :)

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Currently she's in a box since I *still* haven't finished unpacking from my move. Normally she sits on a shelf in my office :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home