Safe but COLD Arrival...
After some mass confusion with the airline and them bumping me to a different airline and losing track of my reservation; I arrived safe and sound in Pittsburgh. A few years ago in the (blushing) Jdate chat room I met S. We never dated or met or anything, just a cool guy that I became IM friends with. I think in all that time we only actually spoke two or three times, but we stayed in touch. S. lives in Pittsburgh which worked out wonderfully because both him and his girlfriend are really cool, down-to-earth, kind people. They picked me up at the airport, dropped me off at my hotel. They went home to walk their dog and then returned so the three of us could go out to eat. I had a grilled tuna sandwich and a local Penn Pilsner. Upon leaving the restaurant it was apparent that it's about 50 degrees colder here than in L.A. right now. Weather.com says it's 25 degrees here and feels like 15!!!Yay me! :)
From what I could see, Pittsburgh actually looks pretty nice. I love the old brick buildings and quaint feeling of the few different neighborhoods we drove through. The area we went to eat is like a college district. The city looks lovely at night, lots of bridges and even a funicular (see previous post with photo) that's lit up nicely. As a matter of fact, I have a nice little view from my room. Nani arrives tomorrow so I'm solo tonight. Thank G-d for free internet :)
I'm going to try to get to bed. Since I traveled east, the time is 3 hour later, which means my body doesn't want to sleep yet. However, I need to be up and out of here by 8am so I can go register at the conference and attend some workshops. Tomorrow night Nani and I will be going to a rabbi's home for shabbos. Saturday is filled with workshops, Saturday night I'll hang out with S and his girlfriend again. Sunday is sort of open, so I'm not real sure what I'll do. I may go to one final workshop but Sunday appears to be a slow convention day and my flight doesn't leave until 6pm, so I have day to explore I suppose.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home