New Computer

It's time for me to invest in a new computer. When I bought my laptop about (I think) 4 years ago, I would have never guessed the vast array of things I would be using it for. My Dell Inspiron 4150 has served me well, but it's time for me to upgrade. My system has been through one complete rebuild, I've replaced the battery once (it still lasts only a short while), the keyboard is finnicky and I rarely have use of the space bar, B and N keys, the speakers suck and I can barely hear unless I have headphones. So, as you can see, it's time.
If any of you, my dear readers, know about Dell computers, tell me what you think of the one I'm considering. Some of the basic details (more on that link):
Small and potent. At about 1.5" thin and 5.5 lbs1 light, the M140 is a true expression of multimedia power in a package that gets heads turning. True "instant on" functionality provides quick access to DVDs, video, music and photos and the 14.1" WXGA screen with optional TrueLifeTM helps make all this come alive.
One more thing, I know some of you will suggest I get a decent system for less money assuming I'll want to upgrade in a couple of years; however you will be wrong in that assumption. I want to keep my computer as long as I possibly can (4 - 5 ) years. I mostly use it for work, internet, and photos. Oh, and one more thing, I think I can get an educators discount :)








6 Comments:
I second Nani's comment! Macs all the way, baby. I know nothing about PCs, can't offer you any advice, sorry. Happy T'giving!
No macs! I know how to use them, but I like my PC. I guess that's what happens when you are trained on one versus the other. Nobody has been able to convince me why a mac is better. I don't do graphics and design, so that's not a selling point for me.
Choosing a computer is a lot like choosing a mate. Hopefully, it lasts a long time.
75% of your commenters agree. The best possible upgrade to a Dell is this.
OK PC USERS...back me up here...what is your take on this subject?
Bernie: Of course you like macs. I just don't know the benefit of getting one. I'm openminded, but need convincing.
SOMEONE CONVINCE ME! LOL
I personally have a del XPS m140,
I had it configured to a 2700 dollar price, but I love it.
The speakers are good for movies but suck for rock music.
Also there is no bluetooth or a microphone.
Over all it is amazing though, very fast.
get it with at least a 2.0 mgz processor.
The best thing would deffinetley be the service.
I really sugest the Dell Xps m140
Post a Comment
<< Home