Mandatory Thanksgiving (funny) post...
Rather than doing a list of how thankful I am for this and that, I thought I'd share a silly Thanksgiving poem that my step-sister sent me. Following the poem was my poetic response to it. :) Those of you who don't "do" Thanksgiving will appreciate my poetic take on it :)
Turkey, turkey in the pen,
It's Thanksgiving time again.
Still you strut around with pride
When you take off and hide.
Nice big bird we have a date.
I will see you on my plate.
On that day we'll give you praise,
Talk about our better days,
When you scared us with your gobble.
Giggling at your silly wobble.
Then we pass around white meat,
Thank you for your special treat.
Then a piece of pumpkin pie,
With the whipped cream extra high.
I dream of this throughout the year
Now Thanksgiving's almost here!
Turkey, turkey, I must say,
"You're the one who makes that day!"

Response from the Turkey:
Human human in your house
Why not just cook a mouse?
One day of the year you eat me
The rest of the time you pet and feed me.
Please consider from where I came
And never eat turkey again.
(Authored by Tamara, single draft) haha








2 Comments:
Thanksgiving is the day when we eat as if we've never seen food before. The day after Thanksgiving is when we buy things that are absolutely unnecessary.
Tamara, are you vegetarian? Let me know ASAP -- if you are, I need to add another dish to Shabbat dinner!
Post a Comment
<< Home