I've Been Chosen...
While at the NCTE convention in Pittsburgh, I attended a 1.5 hour session on teaching the Holocaust. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum hosted this session. Afterwards they mentioned checking their site for future events. So I did and I applied for a 4 day forum which will be held at UCLA. I just found out that not only am I accepted to attend, but it's free! Not only is it free, but it's Thursday - Sunday and the museum will pay for a sub for those two days (though I'm off track and won't need one). Additionally breakfast and lunch are provided both days along with books and materials! I'm really excited. I have sort of a new personal goal to eventually initiate an English elective that focuses on studying the Holocaust through reading, writing, and exploration.
6th Annual Southern California Teacher Forum on Holocaust Education
March 23, 2006 — March 25, 2006
The forum, designed specifically for secondary teachers in public and private schools, will explore the content, methodologies, and rationales for teaching the history of the Holocaust, increase teachers' knowledge of the Holocaust, and examine issues associated with this history.
Special emphasis will be placed on the use of literature to teach about the Holocaust and the use technology in teaching the history of the Holocaust. On March 23, there will be a live regional Internet Interactive Conference between UCLA and the University of California, Santa Barbara.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home