Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: It's Official, I'm in My 30's and There's No Turning Back

November 16, 2005

It's Official, I'm in My 30's and There's No Turning Back

Today Hillary @ SuperJuxt wrote an hilarious (as in ROFLMAO hilarious) post about aging. A post that many could relate to. A post that triggered my own thoughts of HOW I KNOW I'M IN MY 30's POST...so below I pasted my comment to Hilary's original post. Go read hers, it's worth it!

And so here you have my quick list of: How I Know I'm in My 30's

- girlfriends left and right are pregant or already have kids

- I know at least one person my age already (sadly enough) divorced

- my students tell me, “Miss! You’re my mom’s age!” Obviously their parents had kids very young

- I have 11 nieces and nephews

- I’m the only one in my immediate/step family who is still single, never married, no kids.

- Dad went from saying, “If you don’t marry a Jew I won’t respect it” to “As long as you marry a great guy I’ll be happy” LOL My dad REALLY wants to see his youngest child and only girl married I guess.

- And the one way I REALLY know I’m in my 30’s…I could keep adding to this list…OMG…Thanks Hil, now I feel old and lonely and metabolically slower.

3 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger marty said...

The problem with being single isn't being alone, it's all the gifts you have to give out for all the engagements, weddings, births, bar mitzvah's etc.

I am making a party for my next birthday solely to try and recoup. Just leave your expensive gift/cash and go home.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Karl said...

I'd agree with Nani - I think all apply to me too :-(
Some friends of mine have 3 or 4 kids.
I know a girl 23 who is divorced, and guy (separate case) who was divorced at 22.
Dont wait for your dad to change that to "I dont care who/what you marry, just tie the knot already". Dont lat family push you into anything though. [hmmm, family - DONT go there!]

Just remember, age is nothing but a number.

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very funny. And applicable, even tho I have 3 months and 3 days left (but hey, who is counting?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home