Am I Crazy?
I did it! I bought a computer today! OMG! Did you hear me? I BOUGHT a COMPUTER!!!!I can't afford a computer, on the other hand, I need a computer. As my previous post explained, I'm due. When I was on the phone with Dell today, she said my computer is about 4 years old. That's not old for a car, a phone, a book...It's simply not old, unless we are talking computers.
I told myself I had a certain budget for a computer, and I did go over a little with a couple of upgrades. BUT...I did get an 8% educator's discount, and financing for 18 months with NO interest. I went this route because I can make less than $100 payments and pay it off with no interest before that time.
It's pretty, I'm sure I'll like it when it arrives at my door! It's sleek! 1.5" thick. It's light! 5.5 lbs! Which is essential since I tote my computer around often. Here are the basics for you techies out there:
-XPS M140,Intel Pentium M Processor 740 (1.73GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
-14.1 inch WXGA LCD Panel with TrueLife (true life is cool, takes away that odd darkness when the laptop screen is moved. And I can see monitor clearly from any angle)
-512MB
- 40GB Ultra
-Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
-8X DVD+/-RW Drive (CD & DVD BURNERRRRRR YIPPEEE, Now I can burn my DVD rentals)
-Intel PRO 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11b/g,54Mbps) YAY, no more external wireless card!
-McAfee
-Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook...all for $50!!)
Anywho...I'm excited, minus paying for the darn thing!








4 Comments:
Congratulations on your computer purchase, Tam! Use it well.
I noticed a rise in shares of Dell Computer, undoubtedly due to your purchase.
Yes!
:-p
Congrats. the bottom line is, will you be able to blog?
The XP Media Edition may actually prevent you from burning rented DVD's.
Post a Comment
<< Home