Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Have I got a Match for You! and other Yom Kippur stuff

October 14, 2005

Have I got a Match for You! and other Yom Kippur stuff

Yom Kippur was reflective, introspective, and of course long once the fasting headache kicked in the last hour or two. This is the first year I did a full fast with no water or gum. :) I was at the shul the FULL time. During the break from 2 - 5 I went to the rabbi's house and hung out. Broke the fast with bagels and lox, pastries, cookies and orange juice...OH MY! Later I headed over to the rabbi's and had salmon and potatoes and bread. :) Carb central...YUM! I'm friendly with the rabbi's wife (I'll call her "D"), don't worry, the rabbi and I are not hanging out together. LOL

The funniest part of last night had to do with me, the rabbi's wife (D), her eldest son (M) (7 years old), and a guy S).
During the break I was talking with D about being single and how I'm really really really really really really really....you get the point... sick of it. I'm not going to just date anybody to fill that lonliness up, so don't worry about me marrying the first guy to look my direction. I'm still taking applications. :) So, we're talking about dating and stuff and she gets quiet a moment. I could see the wheels in her head turning. She says, "What about S ? I replied, "Who?". She goes on to describe the person and I'm not remembering meeting him. Immediately after, the rabbi walks in with S. He didn't stay long. Strange? I think so.

An hour or so later it was time to return to shul for the final 2 hours. When I got there the rabbi's son M runs to me and says something like, "Tamara, I know someone for you". My dear readers, you can imagine the look on my face when this seven year old says, "Yes, what about S?". My face was perplexed. How did this kid just say to me the SAME person D suggested? My initial reaction was, "Who put you up to this? Did someone tell you to come here and say something?". He was laughing, he tells me. "No, I was just thinking you're not married and he's your age". WHOA!! I'm totally baffled by this.

After the "break the fast" at the shul we went back to the rabbi's house. I'm sitting there eating a casual dinner with the rabbi, D, and 3 Yeshiva students who were staying with them for the holidays. At one point M and I are talking, everyone else was about the house. I told the rabbi the story and he was cracking up. So I ask M, "So, what made you think of this person?". He told me he mentioned it to S already and S didn't know who I was. How funny this 7 year old covered all bases first. He then goes on to EXPLAIN to ME :) how it works. He says, "First you meet, you become friends, you talk and if you like you get married". I was CRACKING UP!! And when I told the rabbi his mouth literally dropped wide open. I think M will make the youngest Shadchan ever!

That was a humorous way to end the evening.

1 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger marty said...

Not sure... Is it ok to get laid on Yom Kippur? There are things they didn't teach us in Yeshivah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home