Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Spontaneity at its Best...(UPDATED)

September 21, 2005

Spontaneity at its Best...(UPDATED)

I was chatting with 'UpTheDownStaircase' and she was sharing with me about a free Matisyahu concert in Washington Square Park, NY. Jokingly I said, "OOOOH, that sounds fun, I'm coming!". So in gest, I looked up airfare and found INCREDIBLE flights. $199 total round trip! Since I have a place to stay and have already been a tourist many times in NY, I won't need to spend much when I'm there. So, in a week and a half I'll be flying out to NY for a short visit.

My schedule looks something like this:

WEDNESDAY arrival: Head to friend in E. Harlem (a.k.a. the hood).

Day 1: Head downtown in the morning. Friend will already be there. Around 1:00 head to Queens to visit the ohel of the Rebbe. Now I'm not a Chabadnik, but it was suggested I visit; especially it being the coming of the New Year. I think this will be very interesting and hopefully moving. I'm sure I'll report back what I experience. Afterwards we will go to Boro Park to just walk around and see the community, do some shopping.


Day 2: Go to work with Upthedownstaircase. She teaches in the S. Bronx. Last April she visited me when I was living in San Diego. So now, I'm going to visit her school. Friday evening (something shabbat related).

Day 3: Still figuring out plans. At some point we will go to an artist loft exhibit of her brother in law. In the evening you can find us at the Brooklyn Museum for their First Saturday's event. There is music, dancing, arts, and a cash bar! ALL BLOGGER AND INTERNET FRIENDS INVITED.

Day 4: Part of the day we'll be going to the Festival of Jewish Life in Washington Square Park where Matisyahu will be doing a free concert!! The event is from 1-5pm if anyone is interested.

Day 5: Heading home for Rosh Hashanah. Once I arrive, get my car, get home...it will be time to go to shul for Rosh Hashanah services.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE This will be fun!

2 Comments:

At 3:24 AM, Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Hey Tam!! That sounds like a lot of fun. I hope that you have a great time and really enjoy your visit. Hope you have a safe trip!!

I can't wait to read your blog about it!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger marty said...

nani, do you need to see my certification?

I'll need to speak to the people in Bellevue. They're always very helpful and give me all these brightly colored pills.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home