Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: A Creative Itch

September 08, 2005

A Creative Itch



I decided I wanted to do a couple of big paintings to decorate my, much in need of decortating, white walls. I want to do one for the dining/living room, the goal being to tie together all the natural earth tones in my place. The dining area has burgundys and the living room is sage and browns and a touch of rust. Tonight I attempted to do a color wash on the canvas. Now, it's hard to tell I was going for a sage green based on what I ended up with.


As you can see, I have no formal training in painting, let alone color mixing. I love the way the wash looks. I really like the gold swirlies. Tomorrow I might do one more wash with some grey to soften the green, then I will start painting. My goal is to make a sort of abstract collage of Judaica. Wish me luck :)

2 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger marty said...

Marc Chagall has officially rolled over in his grave.

Good luck, nonetheless. I'll roll him back.

Have fun! after all, it's your house.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Damn marty, are you saying it looks like pea soup? Or that Chagall has competition? LOL. IT doesn't look bad , but I'm not loving it either. We'll see waht tomorrow brings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home