Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Another Easy way to Assist

September 09, 2005

Another Easy way to Assist

Today I went to the $.99 store and bought items to make six basic essentials kits. I'm going to a get together tomorrow night where the entry is to bring bags with the following items: shampoo, soap, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, handi wipes. A synagogue in Texas is collecting these items to distribute to hurricanee victims. I also added a container of skittles and a smiley face note card with short notes inside saying things like, "You are loved and not forgotten". This is another easy way to help. I'm not sharing to say what a great person I am, I am sharing to hopefully encourage (even just one person) to do something to help fellow Americans in need. There are so many ways each of us can help.

6 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Gatsby said...

Good for you! I donated money, mainly because I'm not that creative, and it was relatively easy. I'm always impressed by those that come up with more involved solutions.

The Gulf will need a lot of healing and repairs.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger marty said...

I like the concept of visiting the 99 cent store.

99 cent stores are like Bloomingdales and Tiffany's rolled up into one for me. When the time comes, I will buy an engagement ring in one of them.

That make me more appealing as a potential.

Seriously (I wasn't being serious before), it's noble of you to help.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

That is very cool.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Hey thanks guys. And I didn't really do anything creative. I was invited to this party, and so I'm doing what the flyer asked. If you would like info on the shul who is collecting the bags of supplies, let me know, I'll see if anyone can send to them. I imagine they will accept these items non-stop for a while. Would be pretty easy to have ten friends each make 6 bags (cost me about 25 bucks to make 6) and then you'd have 60 which is amazing and easy.

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Darling Daughter,
I had your Blog under "my favorites", and decided to catch up on your life. I, too gave money, and I offered our home to a Jewish family for up to three months. I have not heard anything yet. I never knew you never felt comfortable in a reform synagogue. I think we went to one because it was where I sort of felt accepted after divorce. You make me proud. I also, have a great need to feel connected as my lifes journey has been shortened, and spoke with the Rabbi at Chabad in Tacoma this past week. I think I will attend Shabbat in the near future. I love you. Your Devoted Mother.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I didn't put together any kits, although I really should have. I donated money to the Red Cross and also the ASPCA to help all of the displaced animals. As much as I would love to foster some of these animals, it's just not possible.

But bravo to you for helping out!!! We need more people like you in the world!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home