A Visit from the Rabbi...
Rabbi Korf just came by to check out my kitchen. I'm not in such bad shape like I thought. I'll need to get a new toaster oven, blender and mixer. The mixer might just have to go on my Chanukkah gift list. :) Those are pricey and I don't use it all that often anyway. I was happy to find out that he can kosher all my plastic storage wares and my pyrex stuff. He said as long as it has no ridges that food can hide in, and it can handle being boiled, then it is pretty much good to go in the koshering pile :)
He's going to come (most likely next week) to blowtorch the stove and with the giant boiling pot for everything else. So, let the journey begin!








2 Comments:
Umm, not sure how strange that might be. I do have a toaster oven, metal collander and other kitchen junk with grooves that can't be "cleaned" out. I mean, by my standards, they are all good, but I'm doing the kosher thangy thang thang. I think you should just come visit me and shop my kitchen :)
Let's talk seriously about the conference. We should call the hotel, find out what total costs will be for registration, hotel, air. I would love to go but gotta check the rates.
So pleased you could kasher that stuff! Hope its all going well.
Post a Comment
<< Home