Free Books, Vacation, Hurricane and Miscellany

Free Books
Today I talked with the Lit Coaches at my work and discovered that there were a bunch of free books available to all English teachers. They told me I could choose 40 or 50 for me to keep, forever!!! Amazing huh? This is a dream for a new teacher! Now I have a nice start to a classroom library. Thank you G-d for small gifts.
On Vacation
It's official, I'm on lazy mode. Being off school was much needed; and even better, I have the chance to earn some serious money while on my two months off. My school is offering new teachers the chance to come in and do planning and observations for Z time (time and a half). I'm not gonna work through the whole break, but I am gonna do some work for sure. :)
NCTE Convention
I paid for the convention, air and hotel...guess that means I'm committed and going to Pittsburgh. Good news on that front, my school has agreed to pay the cost of the convention and for me to have a sub for two days so that I don't need to use sick time. That's really cool.
Hurricane Katrina
I always say how I will volunteer or donate money...this time I really did. I am in awe of the images I am seeing on the television. I don't have much money and felt moved to donate a little something. I can only hope each of you reading this does the same, as a matter of fact, I CHALLENGE EACH OF YOU TO CLICK HERE AND DONATE, even if it's just 5 dollars. An entire US city has been demolished; it's unthinkable. So, find it within yourself to do something outside yourself, and help those truly in need.
Other Miscellany
I'm having one of those weeks where I have had so many blog ideas, didn't write any down, and now that I'm trying to blog, they are escaping me. Expect more blogs, more often :)








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home