Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Update...it's been a while

July 18, 2005

Update...it's been a while

WOW! 9 days since I've blogged. That must tell you how crazy busy I have been. As of today, Monday, I have not moved into my new apartment. I am still staying with my dear friends who are letting me take over their extra bedroom ( me and the cats that is). This coming Saturday I'm FINALLY moving. YIPPEE. These first two weeks in LA have been long. As one might imagine, living out of a suitcase and not having any time to prepare for teaching a new class is enough to exhaust even the most well rested person.

The apartment is cute. 1940's ( I think), hardwood floors, a bay window. It's not as big as I first thought, but it's not tiny either. All I can say is moving is costly!!

As far as the neighborhood goes, it's interesting. I live right on the border of very nice and historic homes to semi-icky :) Ok, who am I kidding, it looks like major YUCK at the far end of my block. I am happy my place is far off the street and upstairs. Oh, one cool thing about the area is that there are MANY famous places (it is hollywood afterall). Right around the corner from me is the famous Frank Lloyd Wright "jaws" house. Notice the freakish shape of the brick pattern



One mile from me another one of his bizzare places is the Hollyhock House


4 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

I wouldn't say it's Fabulous, but it works :) I'll be moving in FINALLY this weekend. I CAN"T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR NEW PLACE :)

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

Hi Tammy how have you been. How is dating going for you..

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger LostSpirit said...

Much joy in your new flat and I am sure it will become a worm home very fast.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Gatsby said...

Congrats on all the changes: new apartment, new city, and new job.
It's great that you've found something you want to do and are pursuing it!
Good luck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home