This week's happenings...

Drive to LA Saturday (apx.125 miles)
Look at multiple apartments
Drive home Sunday
Collect boxes and some packing on Monday
Drive to LA Monday
Go to my new job
Meet lots of interesting, friendly and hip teachers :) (I think I'm going to really like this school)
Noon Monday, head to LAUSDFingerprints and buttloads of paperwork
Leave LAUSD apx. 4pm
Go to trashy medical clinic for a quick physical and TB test (trying to beat 6pm close time at LAUSD)
Return to LAUSD and finish all paperwork
Tuesday: Wake, shower and off to my first day
Teach 5 classes, Goes smooth, I think they like me :)
4pm, back to LAUSD to pick up finalized contract (background check cleared)
To coffeehouse to relax
To west side to pick up a really really cool and funky chair (see above..it folds even!!). Craigslist is the best, it was 30 bucks :)
Tomorrow?? WOW, don't I get a break?
Tomorrow I teach, then drive to San Diego, pack for two days, return to friend in LA with my two cats. Stay with friend for apx. one week while my new apartment is cleaned and fixed :), return to San Diego to do the official move sometime in the next two weeks.
PHEW...Is it vacation yet?
Life is good when things all work out!








2 Comments:
Welcome to LA! It's so nice to have a wonderful blogger/Jew/teacher/babe in the neighborhood. If you need any advice gettging settled in the hood, don't hesitate to ask.
I can't get in touch for advice if your link doesn't work :) Thanks though, that was really sweet of you.
Post a Comment
<< Home