THANK YOU NANIROLLS : )

Sometimes we make friends in the strangest of places. Take blogging for example; who would think that one could make a great friend (hopefully a lifelong friend) simply by commenting and posting on blogs? I'm here to say it happens. "Nanirolls" and I met via our blogs. We started commenting on eachother's, discovered we were both Jewish, English teachers, connecting with Judaism more than we had in the past, and both are sarcastic to no end ;). And so, a friendship bloomed.
After about a year (maybe less?) Nani took a trip out to California to say hello, to visit the school I was teaching at, and to hang out and see what she could in a couple of days in Cali. I've discovered a great woman, kind, warm and most definitely thoughtful. Today, in the mail, I received a thank you gift for my touring services :) Nani sent me a new book. "Gee, who would think that one English teacher would send another English teacher a book!" :) So, I'm going to dive into a book of short fiction stories by Jewish authors with Jewish themes. The book, entitled "Lost Tribe: Jewish Fiction from the Edge", is unlike most fiction I would buy which makes it an even better gift.
THANK YOU NANIIIIIIIIIIIIII, that was so kind!








1 Comments:
What a great story.
The lost tribe book is great by the way. Have you read anything by Jonathan Safer Foer? He has a new book, EXTREMELY LOUD AND PERSONAL, which is of a similiar genre.
Post a Comment
<< Home