Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: School Kvetching and Update...

June 22, 2005

School Kvetching and Update...

Job update:

I have had 3 interviews.
2 of the 3 contacted me afterwards.
Both of them said I came in second place.
3 roundtrips to LA so far (apx. 130 miles each way)
Another trip planned for LA next week to attend teachers job fair.
Currently: unemployed and looking and looking and looking.

And there you have it. My last interview was on Monday. I spoke with the English chairperson today. She said that they really really enjoyed talking with me. She said my interview went great. However, the track(tracks are used when schools are overcrowded. Basically there are 3 tracks at this school, one starts in July, one in August and one in September. This helps to elliviate overcrowding because everyone's vacations are spread out.)Where was I? Oh yes, the track I applied for has many new teachers and they prefer a balance; therefore, they hired a twelve year experienced teacher. I was the next choice, and still am. She told me that they would really love to have me working with them at the school. There is a possibility that the A track will have an opening. If this happens, they want to offer the position to me. They have to wait and see how enrollment goes before they know if they can offer me a job. So, the good news is that there is a "chance" for this school. Bad news is nothing is guaranteed and so I keep looking, and faxing and emailing and faxing and driving. :)

Wish me luck and hold a positive picture of me getting a phone call saying, YOU'RE HIRED!

Thank you to everyone who has been inquiring and pulling for me. I'm sure I will get a job somewhere (i.e. South Central LA) but I'm really really trying to get into a better area first :)

2 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Megan said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I really think something great will fall into place for you. Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm pulling for you!

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Karl said...

Good Luck job hunting!
I know over here they are desperate for teachers, but don’t have any contacts in your area. :(
It wont be long before you get that call!

In response to your comment: The tag-board has a mind of its own! There shouldn’t be a delay, and it should reload itself every 60 seconds, but I have noticed the format has slightly changed.
Thanks again for the link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home