Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Early Chanukah Present

June 06, 2005

Early Chanukah Present


Shabbos Candles Posted by Hello

Tonight I went to my brother's to babysit my niece and nephew. I noticed some BEAUTIFUL mezzuzos and shabbos candle holders on their dining room table. They told me they made them at their shul. When they returned home they handed me one and said they had planned on giving it to me for Chanukah but that I might as well enjoy it early. :) Well, they did the glass part at their shul, then that is sent out to be cooked and adhered to an original piece of metal sculpture by famous Judaica artist Gary Rosenthal. An example of the same candleholder but with the glass done by Gary Rosenthal himself can be found here. I think it's so special to have an original piece of art that has both my brother and sister-in-laws creativity and Rosenthal's mastery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home