Another Interview and an Interesting Day
I got a call from another school today. Not in the district I want but not far either. At least the interviews are coming in which is great news. :) So, I'll be interviewing there on Monday. I don't really want to work in this district because they start teachers off at $650 less than the nearby district. That's a lot of money to a poor new teacher like myself. I figure I might as well interview though, just in case something else better doesn't work out. I'll also go to a job fair on Tuesday so it won't be a total loss. By the way, thank you to those of you who have been wishing me well. I APPRECIATE IT IMMENSELY! I can't wait until I title a post that says, I GOT THE JOB!!! :)
Today I was a substitute teacher for the very first time. For the most part it went well. There were two things that could have been better. First, there was no real set lesson plan. I had one activity from the English Dept. chairperson that I could 'choose' to use. I also asked the students what their normal plan was and I made it up from there :). The lessons actually went well. They even were interested in the book I was reading during silent reading. The same book I posted about Ellis Island. So one activity I did was read a story about a woman who was in a concentration camp and I had them respond to different aspects of the story.
The worst thing about the day...are you ready to hear this? I had one student who thought it would be very cool to eat an habanero pepper in class. If you are unfamiliar, they are one of the hottest peppers in the world. Well, the kid vomitted in class. YUCK! Luckily he hadn't eaten breakfast so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. It took a few minutes to get the class back in order after that. At least I have a great first time subbing story to tell now!








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home