Another Interview and Drive to LA
As I posted previously, I had a job interview at a school in LA last week. I didn't get that job. But the director of the program really liked me and wished she had more than one position open. I believe she interviewed 10 people(well, her and a panel of other teachers). Out of the ten, I came in second. But when it comes to looking for work, second doesn't count. No job is no job, there is no trophy for second place in the job market.
The good news is that this same woman contacted me and asked if she could forward my resume to another program at the school. Wednesday they contacted me, told me I came highly recommended by her, and asked if I'd like to interview. Of course I would! So, I found myself "sick" from work again on Friday and on the road to LA. People ask me "how did the interview go?". The interview went well. But it's so hard to tell how well it really went. I know they interviewed between 8 and 10 people for this one position. So, I hope I get it , I really do but I will not let myself get my hopes up like last time.
I'll keep everyone posted.
After my interview I hooked up with a friend and joined him and some of his friends for a shabbat dinner. This was my first EVER shabbat dinner in LA. I grew up in the valley, but still never had shabbat dinners that were traditional when I was there. So all in all Friday was really nice. Dinner was nice, and it was good to meet some other people my age in LA. Can't hurt to start building social circles early. :)








6 Comments:
Good luck and fingers crossed for you
THANKS SO MUCH !!! I just HOPE it all works out best in the end, which would mean a job :)
Good luck! I really hope this job comes through for you. Sounds like you'd be great for it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I wish I had some connections to schools in LA, but I only have publishing connections (and really sucky ones, at that). You're doing great on your own, though!
I hope it works out for you. You have greater Shidduch opportunities in LA.
All the best..
Fantastic! I really hope it goes well. The personal recommendation helps a lot
Glad you enjoyed! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home