Ahh yes, another job update (wish it was something more interesting) : )
Yes, yet again I did the apx. 125 mile drive to LA for another interview. And, yes, again the interview went well. I do interview well. I'm very honest. What you see is what you get, in real life, in my blog, during an interview. I can only be me. I of course didn't have all perfect answers, but my answers are solid and reflect where, I believe, a new teacher should be. At the end of the interview I was asked if there were any final things I would like to say. I ended it with a simple explanation about how although I'm a new teacher, I'm a good teacher who is excited and constantly learning and improving. I probabally won't hear from them for a couple of weeks so I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.
The best part of the interview...I was stung by a bee at my car when I was leaving. This caused me to RETURN to see the nurse, get some ice, and make sure I wasn't going to have some freakish reaction. Of course I saw the AP who interviewed me. She gave me a look of "what are you doing back". I sort of chuckled when I saw her and told her what happened. Yes, I felt like a dork. :)
Today I went to a job fair for LAUSD. I won't bore you with the details; however, after waiting around for a school to show interest, I approached a couple of principals (usually everyone waits to be called), mentioned English, and secured two on the spot interviews. I guess assertiveness pays! One school asked me to come tour the school to see if I like it (it's not anywhere near where I'd want to work), and the other school will be in touch later this week.
The funny thing about the end of the second interview is that the principal asked me if I was related to Ed XXXXX. Ironicially, that's my uncle! They used to work together, what a small world!
So, I'm off to ice the bee stung hand, wish me luck!








1 Comments:
Well, I was parked a bit away from the office and thought about how bad a bee sting allergic reaction could be. So I went back. There wasn't an actual nurses office I went to :) But the woman who handles health stuff for summer school was in the main office and got me ice and stuff :)
Post a Comment
<< Home