We are all unique and yet the same...
"I note the obvious differences between each sort and type, but we are more alike my friends, than we are unalike". Maya Angelou
I thought I'd post this quote after a discussion with an online friend about how "different" we are as Jews. A a heated discussion ensued about how so many of us judge eachother based on levels of religiousness. I can only hope that some day people will be able to focus on all that which connects us so that we can truly be connected both spirtually and culturally. If people would take the energy used to point out how different we are and use that energy to focus on our likeness; our world, our lives, our communities, our families, would all be better off, more at peace, and most importantly more understanding and accepting.
So, when you see someone who you think is sooooo different than you, take a moment to smile, to acknowledge and to learn from one another; who knows, you might just suprise yourself.








1 Comments:
Wise words.
Thanks.
Post a Comment
<< Home