Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: New Job? New City? Who knows...

May 26, 2005

New Job? New City? Who knows...

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I feel like there hasn't been much to blog and yet there is so much! (don't ask, I know that makes no sense)

Basically this has been a good week, minus the conversation I had to have with a parent regarding a student plagiarizing, making up the work, still not passing, and now I am failing the student. Lucky me, now I have a parent conference next week. WHOOPIE

Monday was actually a great day. I have been resisting blogging because I didn't want to send foul luck (yeah, I know I'm Jewish, no such thing as luck) my way. On Monday I drove up to LA for a job interview at a high school that I am not getting excited about. I did not have a traditional interview; but rather, spent the day visiting different classes, interviewing with a counselor, director, English department chairperson, and a history teacher. I thought the day went well but knew the school was interviewing five more people that afternoon.

I received an email from the director the following morning saying that I had made a positive impression on everyone that I visited with. She asked me to forward some information on to the district so that she can proceed in getting my credentials verified. Although a job was not offered to me; I think it sounds like I have a good shot here. This is pretty exciting as it is the first interview I have had for next school year. It's in a great part of West LA which is near a Jewish community. It is also an innovative program in which computers are the central focus. This is perfect for a Jr. Nerdie blogger like me. :) The only downfall of the location is that there is no way I can afford to live near the school. I mean, I'm a teacher, $1200 for a small one bedroom is a bit steep.

So, for all my readers, wish me luck, but no congratulations yet please. I will let you know when the official offer is made. The director told me she'd definitely be in touch with me on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home