Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: YAY FOR BOOKS and the authors that write them...

April 14, 2005

YAY FOR BOOKS and the authors that write them...

I'm currently reading my fourth Chaim Potok novel, "Davita's Harp". I'll be honest, I had a hard time starting this one. But I finally did and am really enjoying it. I'm definitely on a Jewish book or Jewish themed book kick. Potok is my favorite author right now.

I've read "The Chosen" and the sequel to that "The Promise". I also read "My Name is Asher Lev" and the sequel to that one "The Gift of Asher Lev". These four books were great. I really really loved "My Name..." I'm pretty sure I'll read it again someday. I remember when I finished the book I was at a loss. I had grown to care about this character and his struggles, and then...the book ended. That was that. Until...I went to the book store and discovered Potok wrote a continuation story of Asher's life, something like twenty years after the end of the first book. I was elated!

Back to my current read: "Davita's Harp"...
from the jacket of the book): "In Davita's Harp, Chaim Potok brings to bear the insight and generosity that have informed all of his novels on a stirring and beautiful story about how we learn and use faith, how it can fail us, and how it can help us know ourselves--alone and as part of an often confounding world".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home