Why do students think teachers won't figure out their shennanigans sooner or later?
Today was long...oh so long. Got to work at 7:20am, left work at 7 pm because I volunteered to help at the track meet. Met friend for dinner at 7:30 and got home at 9:15. I thought to myself I should blog, but my brain and body are fried; then I remembered something. I needed to write a note to the softball coach at my school today because of a student who I think is pushing their limit with me. Read below...you'll understand what I mean :)
From me to Coach:
Hi there,
I just wanted to clarify something. I didn't receive a list of who is to be dismissed early for games. "Mary" leaves early on almost a daily basis. I did look at the schedule and saw you had a ton of games this week. Was she supposed to be leaving early? If so, what time? I have a feeling she has been leaving earlier than she's supposed to. Each day a friend of hers comes to my class to pick her up. I really don't mind her going early at the requested time, but when her friends come to get her, it's a little bit of a distraction and students in the class comment on how she leaves at 2:30 (ish) all the time. If you wouldn't mind clarifying for me I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks so much,
From Coach to me:
I am sorry that she has taken advantage of you and I will be sure to speak with her. We do have lots of games this week but she is only to be excused early for away games. If you didn’t receive a note by email than she shouldn’t have left early. I try to send them out the day before but sometimes on the day. Any away games that take place excuse time is 2:45 not any earlier. It sounds to me like a referral is in order for this to make her realize not to abuse school rules. If you have any other problems do not hesitate to contact me. Varsity athletes should act as though they are cream of the crop and act as model students so that others will follow I will not tolerate athletes taking advantage of teachers.
Umm, to put it simply, she's SO BUSTED :)








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home