24 Hours in LA
If you were driving north on I-5, the 405, the 110, or the 10 West, you might have seen me flying by at 80-85mph. I drove up to LA and made it from Downtown San Diego to Wilshire area in barely 2 hours. If any of you know LA, and the traffic, that's gotta be some sort of record.
My first stop was the Jewish Library that I mentioned in the previous post. I went to return the two videos they loaned me. I was suprised at the high security: metal detectors just like the airport, then to get up to the library, I had to wait for the librarian to come downstairs and escort me.
The librarian was a wonderful woman. She was so warm and friendly and helpful. She is a Chabadnik who was born and raised in Calcutta, India. What a great lady. If you visit the library, tell her the single girl in San Diego says hello :)
My main reason for going to LA was for an interview at the LAUSD (school district). I guess you could say things went well because they offered me an "early contract" on the spot. This basically guarantees me a position in their district next school year. I have until May to make a final decision. I have mixed feelings about moving but more and more it looks like it could happen. I'd really like to try and live on the West Side of town, though I am discovering rents are herrendous and most places don't seem to want any pets; and I simply will not get rid of my cats.
I don't know what will happen as far as relocation goes; however, it appears a move may be in order for sometime in July. I'll keep everyone posted.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home