Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Where I am today...

February 17, 2005

Where I am today...

I spoke with a close friend of mine today and had an interesting discussion which initiated some self reflection. She asked me, "Do you have anything planned for your three day weekend?". I simply replied, "Yup, 70 essays to grade! Fun, fun, fun!". Then I added, "I'm also planning on going to a Shabbat dinner tomorrow and possibly a Torah study group Saturday night". I suppose I shouldn't have been suprised when she said, "Interesting...what...brought this on?". For some reason this made me chuckle. I mean, those who are close to me know that though I may not attend shul regularly or that I have two small tattoos (which I got when I was not knowledgeable)...they know that I am more connected now than ever.

When we become stagnant in any area of our lives, we stop growing. My life had been so hectic and busy that my spiritual life was lacking. Now, I have time for me again (done with teaching credential program), I am able to breathe and embrace who I am. We don't necessarily choose our own paths, these are already put forth to us by G-d. For whatever reason, I have a strong force pulling me towards or closer to the spiritual side of who I am. This being the case, it is no suprise that I am where I am today.

1 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger Roonie said...

I'm having the same sort of "coming of age" in terms of my religion (Islam), but I'm not as far along as you. Congrats. I am generally intimidated by formal religion, so it's a slow-going process. But I did fast for Ramadan and I've laid off pork (well, for the most part...sometimes it's extremely hard to avoid).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home