Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Teaching Reading

February 17, 2005

Teaching Reading

I promised "upthedownstaircase" that I'd post this little bit of info that relates to teaching a novel. It's a simple little activity/tool that I have observed used and will now implement it. Basically, you write the following on the board and ask students to come up to the board and fill in the end of the sentence. This activity words great once enough about a character is known. Another idea is to use it at the beginning, middle and end of a novel in order to illustrate a character's growth. I hope it's of interest to some of you. :)

______________ (character) is from a family/town/city (etc.) that:

1. works hard at...
2. understands that...
3. hopes that...
4. struggles with...
5. believes that...
6. feels that...
7. says that...

1 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

Can't say I do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home