Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Shabbat Connections

February 03, 2005

Shabbat Connections

Tomorrow is yet another Shabbat, but this week will be different. I signed up to do "Shabbat Connections". This is something the YLD group from the UJF sponsors. Basically they link up people who have room in their homes to share Shabbat with someone who has nowhere to go. I think there are 5 people being hosted by this guy which should be great. It will be wonderful to meet some new people and share the sabbath. Ironically, the Chabad rabbi (this rabbi deals mostly with college students, granted I am almost 32)returned my call today. I had left him a message that I would love it if he and his wife would invite me for shabbat :) Luckily, in Judaism, this is not rude, but a mitzvah to have sabbath guests, so...soon I'll join him and his family for a Shabbat.

Ain't life grand!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home