Arranged Marriages...
I was over at Chussid's blog and really found his post today interesting. He wrote about his arranged marriage. In the orthodox Jewish tradition, marriages are arranged, agreed to, the meeting occurs, and "voila". I find it all sort of fascinating, and maybe I am even envious in some ways of people who don't have to do the "dating" thing. Below is my comment on his post. (note: grammatically speaking, it's horrid :) )
Chussid--This is a great post. As a woman who dates "western style", in some ways I wish I could throw all that I know from this side of the fence, away, and just get "matched". Dating is difficult, it wears on the brain, the heart, the soul. There is so much that goes into dating, from finding one to what to wear, to what to say, to how far the date should go or how long, what to talk about...etc. It's like constant first interviews (if you get lucky enough to date that much). As for me, I rarely date and I choose to only date within my faith. I don't know, sometimes it's so daunting. Heck, I'm even thinking of relocating to Los Angeles where there is a larger Jewish community.








1 Comments:
Hi Me, I hardly date so stressing on dating is not an issue in the least. The bottom line, dating is it's own beast for many reasons. I do appreciate your comments though.
Tamara
Post a Comment
<< Home