Today I wanted to cry...
I wanted to cry today, not out of sadness, but out of pure joy. I feel like this first week of my teaching career has reaffirmed so many things for me. First, I fell happy most of the time. Unlike my previous career, where I counted the minutes and when no day seemed to go by fast enough.
The most touching thing for me today was when a student from last semester, when I was student teaching, came in today to say hello and gave me a little appropriate half hug. This guy was such a joy in class; granted he was quiet, but his warmth and politeness were constantly refreshing. Right about the same time, one of my most intelligent but most confrontational students also came in to say hi and asked if he could be my TA. I told him yes; unfortunately, I forgot I had told another student yes already. Oh well...he'll deal with it :)
I am so happy that I know that a good portion of my student liked me last term. Teaching in the same school that I student taught at is great because I see students that I had previously, and they stop and say hi and wave and such. I JUST LOVE THAT!
Today overall went well. It wasn't super exciting, but we got down to some real academics, I made them work and gave them homework. I must admit, they have had it easy so far. But that's all over :)
So, now, I am just gonna do a little relaxing and then, well, gotta plan for tomorrow. Oh the joys of teaching!








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home