Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Teaching: Day Two

January 11, 2005

Teaching: Day Two

Day two of teaching went pretty well. My morning did not get off so smoothly at home. I was rudely awakened by firemen pounding on my door at 4:30 in the morning. It freaked me out! At first I lay in bed wondering if it was even my screen they were pounding on. When I realized it was, I snuck to my door to look through the peep hole to make sure there was no looney outside. When I saw their badges and uniforms I opened the door. They told me they got a 911 call from my number, but I was dead asleep and didn't make the call. For some reason, cordless phones don't always register correctly at 911 (scary don't ya think?). I told them I hoped that the person who truly needed them gets help. I finally went back to sleep 30 minutes after, my heart was racing so fast that I couldn't fall back asleep.

After I woke up I was preparing a quick breakfast and broke a glass in the process. UGH, stuff to clean up in the morning. I arrived safely at school in the pouring rain. My classes again went well. I think I like most of my students. It's interesting to see their personalities come alive after only the second day. Of course there are a couple with mega attitudes and I am working on nipping that in the bud PRONTO!. I am confident my kids like me and though they thought this project I did with them today had more to do with math and history--they trusted that there was a purpose we did it. And of course, there always is :)

Oh, I just remembered. I also now have 3 TAs which is a blessing. I was very touched that 4 of my students from last term came and visited me on the first day. Three of them wanted to be my TAs. This reconfirmed to me that I am likeable and though that does not control or drive my teaching; it sure is reassuring. :)

2 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Mr. Babylon said...

Bud. You want to nip it in the bud. Nipping your students in the butt is highly innapropriate, and could get you in lots of trouble.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

HA, thanks, I didn't catch that. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home