Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Yes, We Have Rain....and other random musings...

December 28, 2004

Yes, We Have Rain....and other random musings...

We finally got some winter weather here in San Diego. The guilt of living where the weather is "always lovely" has passed. I don't know about you other Californians, but I get sick of all the nice weather. Give this woman some snow, some rain, some trees, that in the seasons change as they should. This rainy day during a slow week at work has created a day of being home early, heat on and surfing the net uncontrollably.

While roaming around the virtualsphere, I decided I might try to Google an old friend of mine from high school. He didn't go to my school, but we were involved in some youth activist organizations together and I had always wondered what happened to him. This person was a friend in the true sense of the word, supportive to the point that he came to silly high school band concerts, introduced me to the music of Curtis Mayfield(thankfully we saw him in concert before his tragic accident). Additionally, I knew him during the days when I still had a record player. His mom had some great Cat Stevens on vinyl which were lent to me; but then he disappeared, and I never knew what happened. So, here we are in 2004 and about 12 years have passed and FINALLY I have found him (I think). Ironically, I found a post he made on someone else's blog. Well, what a small world we live in, the blog he posted is ANOTHER person that I was aquainted with back in those days. I love the internet and how accessible it makes our world.

So, I have emailed Hunter and posted a comment on LA Ritz's blog, hoping to make some old contacts heading into the new year.

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Boogie said...

Tamara, the internet is a great thing in that it allows us to find those people with whom we've lost touch, true. But that also means that your cousin Fred's creepy lab partner, Esmerelda, might one day find out your address and park in front of your house and wait for you, sucking vick's vapo-rub through a clump of semi-fresh tissues and a crazy straw. I've found long-lost friends online, but the lack of anonymity can be a bit disturbing as well. So there's pro and con. Oh...and make sure you take an umbrella, it's feh outside ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home