Student Teaching....Round Two....(bell ringing)
So, I find myself student teaching yet another semester. As those of you know who read my dull blog over the last year or so, I am now in my second and final semester and then I will FINALLY have my teaching credential. Can you say..........it's taken a lifetime!!?
So far student teaching is going very well. I am at a phenomenal high school and out of the SD City School District which is a good thing. Helix High is a charter high school, which essentially stands for a public school in which students have the choice of attending. The school's emphasis is college prep which means two things: the students put in more work and I have to live up to the high standards the teachers there hold. It is a pleasure to be somewhere where teachers work collaboratively and genuinely seem to LOVE where they work and care for their students.
As far as my students go, they are mostly awesome. I am a bit flustered with the fact that I have 6 special ed kids out of 29. I believe in inclusion but 6 students having mainly behaviorial problems can really affect the dynamics of the classroom. I kept three of them after class today to give them the little talk about being respectful and following directions in class. It's great being the mean guy :S not really...it sorta sucks...but it comes with the territory.
So, I plan on blogging more often once again, and hopefully refining my own writing skills so that I can entertain you with the adventures of my student teaching self.








2 Comments:
Good luck at Helix; it's a great school. (I used to live _very_ close by, on Parks Avenue. I also had a gig as music director at Vista La Mesa Christian Church on Mass. and University, also nearby)
My bookmark is now updated with your new URL, btw.
you're tamalicious!
Post a Comment
<< Home